TUNE IN: APPLE PODCASTS | STITCHER | SPOTIFY
Kaleena and her husband, Aaron, decided five years ago that homeschooling their now four children was the best education option for their family. Kaleena, the co-author of The 5 Hour School Week, embarked on a journey with her family to learn through self-directed homeschool. The family spends on average an hour a day dedicated and focused on learning. Kaleena and Aaron have also made it a priority in their family to follow their passion for travel and adventure. Their classroom is truly a daily adventure.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL LEARN
Kaleena is on the show sharing her 5 Hour School Week approach to homeschooling her 13, 11, 10, and 5-year-old children. She shares that her approach to learning is best described as self-directed learning. Her children are directing what they learn and how they learn it. We chatted all about . . .
- 5 Hour School Week Approach to Homeschooling
- Benefits of the 5 Hour School Week and learning from home
- Advice for moms considering homeschooling their children
follow the five hour school week
RESOURCE LINKS MENTIONED IN THE SHOW
- The Five Hour School Week: An Inspirational Guide to Leaving the Classroom to Embrace Learning in a Way You Never Imagined
- Free to Learn, Peter Gray
- Dumbing Us Down, John Gatto
- John Taylor Gatto Website
DID YOU ENJOY THE SHOW?
- Leave a review of the show in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below or join our amazing mom tribe in our private Facebook Group for the show, Dyslexia Mom Life Podcast Community. It’s free!
- I’d love to hear about your parenting journey and what is on your mind, how can I help. Connect with Nicole on Instagram ~ drop in my DMs to say hi and introduce yourself and your amazing dyslexic kiddo.
- Share the show with a bestie, “friends” on social, or save to Pinterest (as a bookmark to refer back to later).