TUNE IN: APPLE PODCASTS | STITCHER | SPOTIFY
Meet Roni Battoglia
Roni Battoglia is the Lower Division Director at the Swift School. She moved to Atlanta from New York after receiving her Master’s Degree in Reading and Learning Disabilities from New York University. Roni received her Bachelor’s degree in Elementary Education and Sociology from Hofstra University in New York. After arriving in Atlanta, she joined The Howard School where she taught Elementary School and ran the Summer School program. She worked as the Learning Styles Coordinator at Epstein School prior to joining the Swift School. Roni is an Associate of the Orton-Gillingham Academy.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL LEARN
Children with dyslexia often experience a regression over the summer weeks, if they do not continue some sort of remediation. Why not prepare your child to thrive when school starts? Review and reinforcement will help your child to not only be ready for school but also reduce anxiety.
- The remediation school model.
- Benefits of summer camps and programs.
- Benefits of summer support (tutoring).
- Research about summer and tutoring, “summer slide”.
- How repetition and review play a part in regression.
- Fun ways to prepare for the fall.
Learn more about Swift’s Summer Exploration Programs.
The dates for this summer July 6 – July 23, 2021 from 8:15am – 1:30pm.
Summer Explorations provides students the opportunity to engage in programming focused on reading, writing, and language while filling their summer with enrichment and fun! This 3-week program is for students in rising 1st through 5th grades.
The groups are in-person with a limit of 7 students per group using the Orton-Gillingham approach that includes multi-sensory. Students start their day with reading remediation.
This year’s summer theme is imagination! Students have plenty of time for fun too with STEAM, robotics, and drama activities. This summer students will enjoy activities with local artists and magicians.
DID YOU ENJOY THE SHOW?
- Leave a review of the show in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below or join our amazing mom tribe in our private Facebook Group for the show, Dyslexia Mom Life Podcast Community. It’s free!
- I’d love to hear about your parenting journey and what is on your mind, how can I help. Connect with Nicole on Instagram ~ drop in my DMs to say hi and introduce yourself and your amazing dyslexic kiddo.
- Share the show with a bestie, “friends” on social, or save to Pinterest (as a bookmark to refer back to later).