TUNE IN: APPLE PODCASTS | STITCHER | SPOTIFY
Do you find yourself asking your son or daughter to clean their room daily? It’s still a mess even as you read this. Believe me, I get it! What about homework? Is your child constantly procrastinating? Then you are going to want to listen to this conversation with Nicole and Karen as they talk about executive functions.
MEET DR. karen
Dr. Karen Dudek-Brannan has been supporting K-12 students with diverse learning needs since 2004 as a pediatric speech-language pathologist. She spent 14 years in the public schools working with students receiving specialized services while completing her doctorate in special education. In 2015, she started an online continuing education company where she shares information for parents and educators of kids with disabilities. Currently, she creates resources for parents of kids who have conditions like ADHD, autism, dyslexia, and other diagnoses that impact learning and attention. She’s the host of the Are They 18 Yet?™ Podcast, a show focused on sharing practical day-to-day solutions to help kids become responsible, well-adjusted, compassionate people. She’s also a wife, step-mom, runner, and dog mom.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL LEARN
- Definition and examples of executive functions
- How executive functions impacts daily living and social cues
- Strategies to help your child with executive functions
CONNECT WITH Dr. Karen
DID YOU ENJOY THE SHOW?
- Leave a review of the show in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below or join our amazing mom tribe in our private Facebook Group for the show, Dyslexia Mom Life Podcast Community. It’s free!
- I’d love to hear about your parenting journey and what is on your mind, how can I help. Connect with Nicole on Instagram ~ drop in my DMs to say hi and introduce yourself and your amazing dyslexic kiddo.
- Share the show with a bestie, “friends” on social, or save to Pinterest (as a bookmark to refer back to later).