TUNE IN: APPLE PODCASTS | STITCHER | SPOTIFY
MEET JEN KNOPF, ESQ.
Jen is the Founding Director of REED Charitable Foundation, wife to husband Andrew and mom to two amazing kids – a daughter, Mackenzie, and a son, Reed (who was diagnosed with dyslexia in January of 2018 at seven years old). Of course, her son Reed’s story of both struggle and strengths is the inspiration for REED Charitable Foundation (“RCF”) but her heart for RCF goes much deeper than that. Jen’s background as both a litigation and commercial real estate attorney made her uniquely suited for researching and advocating for her own son’s needs – but she quickly learned that their family’s battle to find support for her son is a battle at least 20% of the population also faces. Jen also learned that even with personal resources, there is very little legitimate support for dyslexic students – even though we absolutely know how to support them. And, the worse realization of all was the lingering question of “What happens to all of those families and children with no resources at all?” Jen knew the answer and also knew it was only a matter of time before she joined with others to create a charitable foundation dedicated to supporting not only dyslexic students but literacy for all. With a strong legal background, relentless determination and a steadfast belief that literacy is a fundamental human right – Jen is committed to the mission and purpose of this foundation named after her beloved son.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN IN THIS EPISODE
- Gold standard for teaching literacy to children
- How parents can get trained and what it costs
- How one mom went from her son being identified with dyslexia to starting a foundation to change how all children are taught to read
CONNECT WITH JEN
DID YOU ENJOY THE SHOW?
- Leave a review of the show in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below or join our amazing mom tribe in our private Facebook Group for the show, Dyslexia Mom Life Podcast Community. It’s free!
- I’d love to hear about your parenting journey and what is on your mind, how can I help. Connect with Nicole on Instagram ~ drop in my DMs to say hi and introduce yourself and your amazing dyslexic kiddo.
- Share the show with a bestie, “friends” on social, or save to Pinterest (as a bookmark to refer back to later).