Marianne Young is on the show sharing her personal and professional experiences of raising a child with dyslexia. She is a special education advocate dedicated to serving families to ensure their children have access to quality education. Marianne is the founder of Exceptional Advocacy Services serving families in Georgia and Alabama. She is a member of the Council of Parent Attorneys and Advocates (COPAA). Marianne is the author of Raising Exceptional Children: A Guide to Understanding Learning Differences and Empowering Your Child.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Marianne has been recognized for her work by community leaders and education advocates.
- The NAACP selected Marianne for the “Community Hero Award.” (2017)
- She was appointed to the Alternative Education- Community Advisory Committee for the Muscogee County School Board as a subject matter expert (SME) in Special Education. (2017)
- She was appointed to the district’s Continuous Improvement Planning Committee. (2017)
- She was chosen as a member of GeorgiaCAN’s inaugural Advocacy Council, elected to the Executive Board of the Autism Hope Center, and appointed as a Network Leader for the Autism Society of Alabama. (2018)
- Marianne completed the training and competency exam for Registered Behavior Technicians (RBT) and has been featured multiple times on the television show “Straight Forward with Gloria Strode” and on WLTZ’s “Community Spotlight” with Nicole Jones. (2019)
- Marianne was elected to the Board of Directors for Access 2 Independence, appeared in the Census 2020 promotional videos, and sat on a national panel about obtaining a Free and Appropriate Public Education during a pandemic, representing both Georgia and Alabama (2020)
- She was appointed by City Council to the Region Six Advisory Council for the Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities. (2020)
DID YOU ENJOY THE SHOW?
- Leave a review of the show in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below or join our amazing mom tribe in our private Facebook Group for the show, Dyslexia Mom Life Podcast Community. It’s free!
- I’d love to hear about your parenting journey and what is on your mind, how can I help. Connect with Nicole on Instagram ~ drop in my DMs to say hi and introduce yourself and your amazing dyslexic kiddo.
- Share the show with a bestie, “friends” on social, or save to Pinterest (as a bookmark to refer back to later).