As a mom raising a child with dyslexia, you may feel like you have to be perfect and not make any parenting mistakes. That’s what society wants you to think ~ do this, do that, and it will all be ok. But, we are raising actual human beings. An individual who has thoughts, feelings, and (lots of) emotions. Let me (and Meghan) give you a permission slip to practice imperfect parenting with an emphasis on common sense, empathy, and laughter. Refreshing? Right?
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Meghan Leahy is the author of Parenting Outside the Lines: Forget the Rules, Tap into Your Wisdom, and Connect with Your Child, the On Parenting columnist for The Washington Post, and a certified parenting coach. She is the mother of three daughters, so she gets it (struggles of parenting)!
- Why building a relationship with your child is essential and a daily work in progress
- Helping your child create a soft heart
- What happens when your brain becomes stressed
- Using sticky notes (and phone alarms) as reminders as to how you want to show up today
- Why and how to “welcome the hard”
- Importance of community and why you need one
- Why and how to apologize to our children
- Parenting Outside the Lines: Forget the Rules, Tap into Your Wisdom, and Connect with Your Child (Book), Meghan Leahy
- Burn Out (Book), Emily Nagoski, PhD
- Dan Siegel – “Flipping Your Lid:” A Scientific Explanation (YouTube)
- Unlocking Us (Podcast), Brené Brown
- The Differently Wired (Podcast), Holly Bianc Moses
Learn more about Meghan at . . .
- Meghan Leahy’s Website – https://www.mlparentcoach.com/
- Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/mlparentcoach/
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/MeghanLeahyParentCoach
- YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/user/TheMeggodc
- The Washington Post ~ On Parenting Expert – https://www.washingtonpost.com/people/meghan-leahy/
- FOX5 Interview – https://youtu.be/kDtMzGk3PNQ
DID YOU ENJOY THE SHOW?
- Leave a review of the show in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below or join our amazing mom tribe in our private Facebook Group for the show, Dyslexia Mom Life Podcast Community. It’s free!
- I’d love to hear about your parenting journey and what is on your mind, how can I help. Connect with Nicole on Instagram ~ drop in my DMs to say hi and introduce yourself and your amazing dyslexic kiddo.
- Share the show with a bestie, “friends” on social, or save to Pinterest (as a bookmark to refer back to later).