TUNE IN: APPLE PODCASTS | STITCHER | SPOTIFY
When you first learn your child is dyslexic, you may feel pretty overwhelmed with all of the resources available. Yet, not all resources are created equal. In this episode, Nicole is sharing the resources available on the International Dyslexia Association’s website.
You should bookmark the IDA on your computer, so you can start there when you have a new question about dyslexia. The website has resources about dyslexia and information for parents and teachers.
Where should you start?
- About Dyslexia
- Refer teachers to Professionals
About Dyslexia Tab (lots of great information to educate you about dyslexia)
- Dyslexia at a Glance
- Do I have dyslexia?
- Definition of dyslexia
- Dyslexia Around the World
- Fact Sheets – 29 fact sheets
- Success Stories
- Provider Directories
- Conferences and Workshops
- Independent Schools Network
- Dyslexia Handbook: What Every Family Should Know (Download a copy of the handbook, it’s a great resource!)
The IDA is a great resource for your dyslexia parenting journey.
DID YOU ENJOY THE SHOW?
Did you get a copy of our free Dyslexia Battle Blueprint, A Beginner’s Guide yet? Grab your copy today!
Remember, You Got This. You are not alone.
If you want to join other amazing moms raising children with dyslexia, join the Dyslexia Mom Life Podcast Community FB Group. It’s a safe space to connect with other moms, podcast guests, and Nicole.
- Leave a review of the show on Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below or join our amazing mom tribe in our private Facebook Group for the show, Dyslexia Mom Life Podcast Community. It’s free!
- I’d love to hear about your parenting journey and what is on your mind, how can I help. Connect with Nicole on Instagram ~ drop in my DMs to say hi and introduce yourself and your amazing dyslexic kiddo.
- Share the show with a bestie, “friends” on social, or save to Pinterest (as a bookmark to refer back to later).