TUNE IN: APPLE PODCASTS | STITCHER | SPOTIFY
How You Can Afford To Remediate Your Dyslexic Child
To the outside world, a child with dyslexia looks like every other student in her class. But, the internal struggles for a child who can’t read on grade level are very real for that child and her family. At home, we see our children struggling with homework, taking longer to complete homework assignments than her siblings, and visible frustration with assignments.
Most children with dyslexia have average or above average intelligence and learn how to compensate for their struggles to learn to read. They often learn how to mask their struggles during the school day. At some point, our children will no longer be able to mask or compensate for not being able to read.
There is good news. Remediation. Children with dyslexia can be taught to read through a structured literacy instruction. They can learn decoding skills to learn to read.
As moms, we can provide access to structured literacy instruction through many avenues – schools, tutoring, and special services. You may be wondering how you can afford these services and schools . . . listen to this week’s podcast to learn more about how to afford these private services so your child can learn to read.
You Got This!
What you’ll learn from this episode
- Ways to remediate your child with dyslexia
- Ways to afford remediation (tutoring, therapy, and/or private school)
DID YOU ENJOY THE SHOW?
- Leave a review of the show in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below or join our amazing mom tribe in our private Facebook Group for the show, Dyslexia Mom Life Podcast Community. It’s free!
- I’d love to hear about your parenting journey and what is on your mind, how can I help. Connect with Nicole on Instagram ~ drop in my DMs to say hi and introduce yourself and your amazing dyslexic kiddo.
- Share the show with a bestie, “friends” on social, or save to Pinterest (as a bookmark to refer back to later).