Dyslexic voices is a new series to introduce you to people who are thriving with dyslexia. We all need some inspiration to get us through raising our children during the school years. We may lose hope along the way, especially when we see our children struggle with homework, stress, and anxiety. School years are very stressful and challenging for children identified with dyslexia. Don’t get discouraged – many people with dyslexia are successful adults and in their careers.
I can’t think of a better person to inspire you than Jacob Blumenstein. At the age of 15, Jacob and his siblings created KidsRead2Kids to read books on video. Jacob knew first hand how it felt to have dyslexia and to struggle to read. He wanted others who were struggling to learn to read to be able to enjoy classic books. Jacob has been recognized for his work in the dyslexia community too. Last year Jacob was awarded the role of Youth and Young Adult Advocate Program President of the International Dyslexia Association (IDA).
The KidsRead2Kids’ mission is to help kids build self-esteem and reading confidence with every chapter. They hope to inspire and empower young readers. The video-audio books are free and read by kids for kids. The books are filmed chapter by chapter for easy listening.
On KidsRead2Kids’ YouTube Channel, you will find classic novels and early learners decodable books. During COVID-19, the siblings got together and decided to offer lesson plans for Anne of Green Gables.
Want to learn more about Jacob and KidsRead2Kids? Here are the ways you can find and connect with him –
- Website: www.kidsread2kids.com
- YouTube: www.youtube.com/c/KidsRead2Kids/featured
- Facebook: @kidsread2kids
DID YOU ENJOY THE SHOW?
- Leave a review of the show in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below or join our amazing mom tribe in our private Facebook Group for the show, Dyslexia Mom Life Podcast Community. It’s free!
- I’d love to hear about your parenting journey and what is on your mind, how can I help. Connect with Nicole on Instagram ~ drop in my DMs to say hi and introduce yourself and your amazing dyslexic kiddo.
- Share the show with a bestie, “friends” on social, or save to Pinterest (as a bookmark to refer back to later).