Dyslexia Mom Life is kicking off Dyslexia Awareness Month with an amazing educator and leader in the world of dyslexia, Dr. Daniel Franklin. In this episode, we talk about Dr. Franklin’s dyslexia journey and how one 5th grade teacher made a difference in his life. We also discuss his work with students identified with dyslexia and practical strategies parents can use at home to help their children with dyslexia thrive.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Dr. Franklin is the author of Helping Your Child with Language-Based Learning Disabilities. He holds a Master’s degree from the Harvard Graduate School of Education in Reading, Language, and Learning Disabilities and a Ph.D. from UCLA in Education. Dr. Franklin has over 30 years of experience in education as a teacher, administrator, and consultant. He is also the founder and president of Los Angeles-based Franklin Educational Services, Inc., which provides a wide range of individualized school support services for students of all ages and needs.
Connect with Dr. Franklin
- Franklin Educational Services, Inc.
- Purchase a copy of his book, Helping Your Child with Language-Based Learning Disabilities
- Watch a short film about Dr. Franklin’s dyslexia journey – Unteachable
DID YOU ENJOY THE SHOW?
- Leave a review of the show in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below or join our amazing mom tribe in our private Facebook Group for the show, Dyslexia Mom Life Podcast Community. It’s free!
- I’d love to hear about your parenting journey and what is on your mind, how can I help. Connect with Nicole on Instagram ~ drop in my DMs to say hi and introduce yourself and your amazing dyslexic kiddo.
- Share the show with a bestie, “friends” on social, or save to Pinterest (as a bookmark to refer back to later).