Jennifer Amichia is the founder and owner of Growing Exceptional Minds (G.E.M.) in Atlanta, Georgia. She graduated magna cum laude from Georgia State University with a dual degree in Early Childhood and Special Education. Ms. Jenn has been teaching for almost 10 years and is certified to teach K-12. She is also an Orton-Gillingham trained tutor and has been using a structured literacy approach for over 2 years.
Jenn shares about climbing the ladder to reading – the ability to hear (auditory) is the first step in the process. Jenn will take you through each step on the ladder for your child to learn to read. Jenn recommends following hashtags on Instagram that you are most interested in for your child with dyslexia. For example, #handsonreadingactivity.
Jenn tells us all about G.E.M. Tutoring’s four-step approach to reading tutoring: (1) conduct evaluation, (2) create an individualized plan, (3) strategically bring students up to speed, and (4) equip students with tools to maintain achievement.
Want to learn more from Jenn? Here are the ways you can connect with her . . .
- Website: www.gemtutoring.com
- Facebook: @growingexceptionalmindstutoring
- Instagram: @gemtutoring
- Email: email@example.com
DID YOU ENJOY THE SHOW?
- Leave a review of the show in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below or join our amazing mom tribe in our private Facebook Group for the show, Dyslexia Mom Life Podcast Community. It’s free!
- I’d love to hear about your parenting journey and what is on your mind, how can I help. Connect with Nicole on Instagram ~ drop in my DMs to say hi and introduce yourself and your amazing dyslexic kiddo.
- Share the show with a bestie, “friends” on social, or save to Pinterest (as a bookmark to refer back to later).