TUNE IN: APPLE PODCASTS | STITCHER | SPOTIFY
Summer vacation never lasts long enough, am I right?
You may be going back and forth from enjoying a slower-paced summer where you aren’t running kids to school, activities, and all the things to being ready to get back to school for routines, and a few hours each day when the kids aren’t home, underfoot saying I’m bored and arguing with his sister.
Either way . . . the first day of school is coming sooner than later.
The first day of school brings both excitement and anxiety. A new school year with a fresh start. For our kids, it also comes with teachers who will need time to get to know our kids, understand their dyslexia, and provide our kids’ accommodations with fidelity.
The first day of school can also bring anxiety for you and your child. That is completely normal and to be expected, especially if you have not had a great experience in the past as a parent or student.
5 Ways to Get Ready for Back to School
(1) Get Educated
(2) Listen to Your Child
(3) Introduce Your Child
(4) Establish Routines
(5) Get Organized
On July 27, 2022, the Back to School Bootcamp for Moms will be released. Part 1 will include why you need a command center and how to create one, Part 2 will be all about homework stations and how to create the best one for your home, and Part 3 will be about how to create communication logs and data notebooks.
Learn more about the VIP experience – videos, a workbook, and checklists!
To get you ready for the first day of school, be sure to listen to these podcast episodes.
- Dear Teacher Letter, Episode 9
- Dyslexia Accommodations and Advocacy, Episode 26
- How to Talk to Your Child’s Teacher About Dyslexia, Episode 84
DID YOU ENJOY THE SHOW?
Did you get a copy of our free Dyslexia?!? Now What?, A Beginner’s Guide yet? Grab your copy today!
Remember, You Got This. You are not alone.
If you want to join other amazing moms raising children with dyslexia, join the Dyslexia Mom Life Podcast Community FB Group. It’s a safe space to connect with other moms, podcast guests, and Nicole.
Don’t miss an episode – subscribe via Apple Podcasts or Stitcher.
- Leave a review of the show on Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below or join our amazing mom tribe in our private Facebook Group for the show, Dyslexia Mom Life Podcast Community. It’s free!
- I’d love to hear about your parenting journey and what is on your mind, how can I help. Connect with Nicole on Instagram ~ drop in my DMs to say hi and introduce yourself and your amazing dyslexic kiddo.
- Share the show with a bestie, “friends” on social, or save to Pinterest (as a bookmark to refer back to later).