When your child is first identified with dyslexia you often feel lost, alone, and overwhelmed. You may be thinking, I wish someone would just set me on a path and tell me what to do. I know, I’ve been there. It wasn’t until a trusted friend got me in touch with someone who had guided many other moms down this path and helped me to get clarity on my next steps. That was our path, our beginning, we are in the messy middle right now, but we continue to keep our daughter’s needs, strengths, and passions a daily priority.
Navigating your dyslexia journey may be new for you or you may have started your journey but feel stuck and need help (like I did)~ if so, then you are in the right place!
I want to share 5 ways the Dyslexia Battle Blueprint course can help you thrive . . .
- First thing, first – Get educated! To best help your child with dyslexia, you need to learn as much as you can about dyslexia. You may feel like you need to know as much as possible as fast as possible so you can help your amazing kiddo. Like, did you know that dyslexia is hereditary? Siblings often have dyslexia too. Did you know that dyslexics frequently have what’s called comorbidity – I like to say that dyslexia has a few sisters and their names are ADHD, anxiety, dysgraphia, and executive functioning. In the Dyslexia Battle Blueprint course, you will learn how to explain dyslexia to family and friends, how your child learns to read, and how to create a master plan for all areas of your child’s life and development – academic, social, emotional, and strengths/passions.
- You’re a busy mom. You need a resource that’s available when you are, in the margins of your day and more likely night. Dyslexia Battle Blueprint is a self-paced course with all the lessons available on day one. I’ve set the course up so it can be completed in 30 days. But, you are on this parenting journey for the long game so take as much time as you need to go through all of the lessons. There’s a lot to unpack when learning about dyslexia and how to help your child. You’re a busy mom who’s always on the run, so the course is set up at your pace with your busy schedule in mind. I’ve kept the video lessons short (yep under 15 minutes each) so you can fit them in the margins of your day. And, yes you can come to the class in your yoga pants, your hair in a ponytail, with no makeup – no judgment here! You can even download the course to the Teachable app on your phone and listen while waiting at soccer practice or cooking dinner.
- Where are the resources and why are there so many to review! I’ll never figure this out! So you need to get educated in the margins of your busy parenting life. This season of your life is super busy. I get it! Wouldn’t it be great to have a place with resources so you don’t have to spend hours Googling and reading blogs that you don’t know are reliable? The Dyslexia Battle Blueprint course includes one module dedicated to resources. I’ve spent the last few years reading the go-to books and websites, participating in social media groups, and online training. In the course, I have pulled together what you need to get started. There is an entire module with resources from choosing a school or tutor to podcast and website recommendations. Now you can spend those hours with your family, on the phone with your favorite friend, or hiding out in the closet eating chocolate. Remember, no judgment here! But, you will have more time to enjoy your life.
- Who doesn’t want an easy-to-follow process? There is so much information about dyslexia from social, books, podcasts, and just a good old fashion Google search. You just need someone to break it down for you – like you are in grade school. The Dyslexia Battle Blueprint provides a 3-Step Process that is easy to follow that will help you take action to identify your child’s needs, strengths and passions and create a blueprint (master plan) to take your child from surviving (each day, barely) to thriving in the areas you identify as the priority. You will also create road maps to help your child accomplish short-term goals.
- What happened to go customer service? I miss it! You are tired of being treated poorly as a customer. Why can’t everyone say, my pleasure and give you the feeling like it’s the best place on earth? I feel the same way. And, you’re in the right place. I too want excellent customer service and it’s a value you can expect from Dyslexia Mom Life. At the very beginning from the minute you enroll in the course, you will receive amazing support. You will get a welcome packet with gifts just for you, unlimited Voxer access to me for 30 days, and workbooks for every module with worksheets, notes pages, and resources for each module. If you’re not familiar with Voxer, it’s a free app that you can download on your phone. You can send me unlimited voice messages during the first 30 days of enrollment – a mentor available for your questions. I wish I had that when I was starting out on this journey.