For our children with future plans to attend college, the ACT and SAT are an important part of the admissions process at most colleges and universities. You may be thinking that you don’t have to worry about college admissions testing until high school. Well, that could be a mistake if your child with dyslexia will need accommodations for testing.
I encourage you to listen to today’s episode regardless of what grade your child is in this year. This information will help inform you on future decisions for accommodations.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL LEARN
- SAT Testing Accommodations
- Documentation Required for SAT Accommodations
- ACT Testing Accommodations
- Documentation Required for ACT Accommodations
- 3 Action Steps You Can Take Now
Resource Links Mentioned in the Show
SAT, College Board
- SAT – Students with Disabilities – https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/sat/register/special-circumstances/students-with-disabilities
- SAT – Accommodations- https://accommodations.collegeboard.org/
- SAT – Computer Accommodations- https://accommodations.collegeboard.org/documentation-guidelines/computer-accommodation
- SAT – Accommodations Deadline Dates – https://accommodations.collegeboard.org/calendar
- SAT – Teacher Survey – https://accommodations.collegeboard.org/pdf/ssd-teacher-survey.pdf
- ACT Accommodations – https://www.act.org/content/act/en/products-and-services/the-act/registration/accommodations.html
- ACT Accommodations Deadlines – http://www.act.org/content/act/en/products-and-services/the-act/registration.html
- ACT Accommodations Policy – https://www.act.org/content/act/en/products-and-services/the-act/registration/accommodations/policy-for-accommodations-documentation.html
- Teacher Survey Form – https://www.act.org/content/dam/act/unsecured/documents/TeacherSurveyForm.pdf
- Homeschool or Not Currently Enrolled in School – https://www.act.org/content/act/en/products-and-services/the-act/registration/accommodations/homeschooled-or-non-enrolled.html
SUBSCRIBE & REVIEW ON ITUNES
Are you subscribed to the show yet? If you’re not, be sure and do that today. I don’t want you to miss an episode or bonus, and if you aren’t subscribed, there’s a good chance you’ll miss out on those. Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
It would also really help me out if you would take a minute to leave a rating and review over on iTunes, so I can broaden my reach and my ability to help more moms. It’s really easy too! Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review.” Let me know what your favorite topic and show! I’d love your feedback on topics you’re interested in for future episodes, and love hearing your overall thoughts on the show. Thank you! We are so glad you are here!
DYSLEXIA MOM LIFE PODCAST FACEBOOK COMMUNITY
Join our Facebook community, Dyslexia Mom Life Podcast Community, to continue the conversation, connect with other moms, and enjoy our resources.