As a mom raising a child with dyslexia, you may feel like you have to be perfect and not make any parenting mistakes. That’s what society wants you to think ~ do this, do that, and it will all be ok. But, we are raising actual human beings. An individual who has thoughts, feelings, and (lots of) emotions. Let me (and Meghan) give you a permission slip to practice imperfect parenting with an emphasis on common sense, empathy, and laughter. Refreshing? Right?
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Meghan Leahy is the author of Parenting Outside the Lines: Forget the Rules, Tap into Your Wisdom, and Connect with Your Child, the On Parenting columnist for The Washington Post, and a certified parenting coach. She is the mother of three daughters, so she gets it (struggles of parenting)!
- Why building a relationship with your child is essential and a daily work in progress
- Helping your child create a soft heart
- What happens when your brain becomes stressed
- Using sticky notes (and phone alarms) as reminders as to how you want to show up today
- Why and how to “welcome the hard”
- Importance of community and why you need one
- Why and how to apologize to our children
- Parenting Outside the Lines: Forget the Rules, Tap into Your Wisdom, and Connect with Your Child (Book), Meghan Leahy
- Burn Out (Book), Emily Nagoski, PhD
- Dan Siegel – “Flipping Your Lid:” A Scientific Explanation (YouTube)
- Unlocking Us (Podcast), Brené Brown
- The Differently Wired (Podcast), Holly Bianc Moses
Learn more about Meghan at . . .
- Meghan Leahy’s Website – https://www.mlparentcoach.com/
- Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/mlparentcoach/
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/MeghanLeahyParentCoach
- YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/user/TheMeggodc
- The Washington Post ~ On Parenting Expert – https://www.washingtonpost.com/people/meghan-leahy/
- FOX5 Interview – https://youtu.be/kDtMzGk3PNQ
DYSLEXIA MOM LIFE PODCAST FACEBOOK COMMUNITY
Join our Facebook community, Dyslexia Mom Life Podcast Community, to continue the conversation, connect with other moms, and enjoy our resources!
SUBSCRIBE & REVIEW ON ITUNES
Are you subscribed to the show yet?
If you’re not, be sure and do that today. I don’t want you to miss an episode or bonus, and if you aren’t subscribed, there’s a good chance you’ll miss out on those. Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
It would also really help me out if you would take a minute to leave a rating and review over on iTunes, so I can broaden my reach and my ability to help more moms. It’s really easy too! Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review.” Let me know what your favorite topic and show! I’d love your feedback on topics you’re interested in for future episodes, and love hearing your overall thoughts on the show. Thank you! We are so glad you are here!