Marianne Young is on the show sharing her personal and professional experiences of raising a child with dyslexia. She is a special education advocate dedicated to serving families to ensure their children have access to quality education. Marianne is the founder of Exceptional Advocacy Services serving families in Georgia and Alabama. She is a member of the Council of Parent Attorneys and Advocates (COPAA). Marianne is the author of Raising Exceptional Children: A Guide to Understanding Learning Differences and Empowering Your Child.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Marianne has been recognized for her work by community leaders and education advocates.
- The NAACP selected Marianne for the “Community Hero Award.” (2017)
- She was appointed to the Alternative Education- Community Advisory Committee for the Muscogee County School Board as a subject matter expert (SME) in Special Education. (2017)
- She was appointed to the district’s Continuous Improvement Planning Committee. (2017)
- She was chosen as a member of GeorgiaCAN’s inaugural Advocacy Council, elected to the Executive Board of the Autism Hope Center, and appointed as a Network Leader for the Autism Society of Alabama. (2018)
- Marianne completed the training and competency exam for Registered Behavior Technicians (RBT) and has been featured multiple times on the television show “Straight Forward with Gloria Strode” and on WLTZ’s “Community Spotlight” with Nicole Jones. (2019)
- Marianne was elected to the Board of Directors for Access 2 Independence, appeared in the Census 2020 promotional videos, and sat on a national panel about obtaining a Free and Appropriate Public Education during a pandemic, representing both Georgia and Alabama (2020)
- She was appointed by City Council to the Region Six Advisory Council for the Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities. (2020)
We are giving away 4 copies of Marianne’s book this week. Listen to the podcast for details! The deadline for the giveaway is Friday, October 30, 2020. We will announce the winners on October 31, 2020.
SUBSCRIBE & REVIEW ON ITUNES
Are you subscribed to the show yet?
If you’re not, be sure and do that today. I don’t want you to miss an episode or bonus, and if you aren’t subscribed, there’s a good chance you’ll miss out on those. Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
It would also really help me out if you would take a minute to leave a rating and review over on iTunes, so I can broaden my reach and my ability to help more moms. It’s really easy too! Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review.” Let me know what your favorite topic and show! I’d love your feedback on topics you’re interested in for future episodes, and love hearing your overall thoughts on the show. Thank you! We are so glad you are here!
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
Join our Facebook community, Dyslexia Mom Life Podcast Community, to continue the conversation, connect with other moms, and enjoy our resources!