October is Dyslexia Awareness Month ~ let’s celebrate our children this month. Our children are amazing in their own unique way. I am going to provide a list of resources I find this month to celebrate Dyslexia Awareness Month2020. Think FREE resources, training, and much more!!
Nessy – FREE Educational Apps Each Week
- October 1-7 – Learn the alphabet with Hairy Letters (click for app)
- October 8-14 – Learn 9 most common phonemes with Hairy Phonics 1 (click for app)
- October 15-21 – Learn 100 common tricky words Hairy Words 1 (click for app)
- October 22-31 – Learn syllable division with Chimp Fu (click for app)
Rachel Berger from Microsoft is hosting a FREE 3-part series, Dyslexia DecodED
Join Rachel to hear from Sally Shaywitz, Kate Griggs, Emily Hanford, Mike Tholfsen, Hilderbrand Pelzer, Lauren Pittman, Arran Smith, Clarice Jackson and more! Register at https://microsoftedu.eventbuilder.com/dyslexiadecoded.
- October 8, 2020 – Navigating Dyslexia: Collaboration, Support, and Community
- October 15, 2020 – Learning Differently with Dyslexia: Empowering Strengths by Providing Access
- October 22, 2020 – Decoding the Future of Dyslexia
Nashville Dyslexia Center is partnering with the Brentwood Library
FREE online event, What is Dyslexia? Signs and Solutions (click to register)
Erin Paske will share the signs of dyslexia that every parent, grandparent, and teacher needs to know!
Erin Paske is a certified Tennessee teacher and certified dyslexia tutor. She owns the Nashville Dyslexia Center, an online tutoring business.
Once you are registered, you will receive the Zoom link by email on Wednesday, October 21. If registrations show as closed, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for the link.